From everyone at Akademos: Please take care of yourself and stay current as the situation changes. General updates on recommended precautions you can take to keep yourself safe can be found here: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Current Service Alerts
When do I need to order my customized school merchandise for holiday delivery?
- The Holiday Cut off for customized school apparel and merchandise is Wednesday, November 24th, by noon. Any orders placed after that date will likely not arrive in time for the holidays.
Are physical orders being delayed?
- As of this update we are experiencing varying delays in getting certain print materials due to a global shortage of ink, paper, and global logistical delays. Students should place their orders early, and we will fill them as quickly as possible. Please give careful consideration to selecting your preferred version, but remember that ebooks will be delivered immediately. Should your order be delayed due to COVID-19 response efforts, we will make every effort to notify you and offer alternative options. We are ordering items earlier from publishers to reduce the number of these delayed items.
Are UPS and USPS delivering packages on time?
- Currently UPS and USPS are delivering packages and mail without service delays, however this is a fluid situation. We will update this page as we become aware of carrier issues, which can also be monitored directly: UPS https://www.ups.com/us/en/about/news/important-updates.page or USPS. https://about.usps.com/newsroom/statements/usps-statement-on-coronavirus.htm
What should I do about my rental textbooks?
- Rentals should be returned at their regular due date. Return as soon as you are able to to ensure the book is received on time.
Due to steadily increasing prices at USPS, UPS, and FedEX, we will be increasing shipping prices to meet rising costs. We appreciate that the rising shipping costs all ecommerce businesses are experiencing are not ideal, and we continue to work diligently to keep our company efficient and our costs low.
We will continue to offer free economy shipping on new course materials when the order is over $49 dollars. In addition, we encourage you to consider ordering digital materials (eBook, courseware, etc.) when it is an available option to bypass shipping costs entirely.
Here's what you need to know:
- The increase will affect all orders placed after 11/29/2021
- The increase will depend on the type of product (whether it is sent from our warehouse, direct from publisher, or from a Marketplace seller)
- All products on our website will reflect the new price. Specific details can be found on this page
Detailed price changes:
Regular shipping rates:
- Economy from $3.96 + $1.99 to $4.59 + $2 incremental
- UPS/Standard from $6.97 + $2.00 to $7.99 + $2.99 incremental
Marketplace (third-party) shipping rates:
- Economy from $5.96 to $6.59
- UPS/Standard from $8.99 to $10.99